Firstly, I would like to thank all competitors and their families for providing spectacular racing throughout the year.
The Launceston Kart Club and its members would like to recognise and thank the following people for their commitment for their many years of service as committee members and loyal members of the club:
- Mark Mitchell for his commitment as President.
- Pam Stone for 20 years as Race secretary and committee member.
- Christine Wyatt for 35 years of support in all aspects of the club.
- Stuart Alcock for his time as secretary.
Our congratulations must also go to our 2015 award winners:
- 2015 Drivers of the Year: Jackson Callow (Junior), Troy Stone (Seniors), Johnathan Males (Over 40s)
- Consistency: Tyson Phegan (Cadets), Mitchell Kerrison (Juniors), Kayd Donnelly (Seniors), Garry Lee (Over 40’s)
- Presidents Awards: Jake Delphin (Cadets), Andrew Lee (Juniors), Alastair Lee (Seniors), Shane Toon (Over 40’s)
- 2015 Club Person of the Year: Connor Griffin (Junior), Stuart & Sharon Lee (Senior)
Congratulations to all competitors on their achievements through the year. Tasmania has endorsed the new pathway engines with many competitors running them, and in 2016 we should see some exciting racing with a revised calendar to freshen up the race season. We as a club are mindful of the cost to race, and you will see that we will adopt a 1 day race format to freshen up LKC meetings.
Our facilities have really progressed in 2015, and we have invested time and money for the benefit of all members. We now ask that all members adopt the rules of the facility, as the committee will have some new/revised information on the club’s expectations of members. These are basic rules which need to be adhered to. Keep an eye out for updates.
Thank you to all our great sponsors and volunteers that continue to support our club; without these people and businesses our costs would stand in the way of our improvements. To Hadspen Excavations, Will Dig, Gradco, Frost Civil Contracting, Heritage Isle Credit Union, Crossroads Civil Contracting, ToxFree Waste Management, Launceston Kart Supplies, Tazzie Kart & Parts, Launceston Motor Group, Direct Access & Equipment, GLB Constructions, Jason Conroy Painting Services, RACT, BOC, and Giraffe Excavations – our most sincere thanks.
The festive season is here, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a restful break leading up to the 2016 season.
Please remember the track will change direction next year and we will have a sign to indicate the track direction.
President, Launceston Kart Club